Monday, July 28, 2014

Guest Blog: Fast Cars by Tenille Brown

Today, I'm very pleased to host Tenille Brown, editor of Can't Get Enough. She must know I like to post about music on Mondays, so she sent over a great piece about hot sex in fast cars and reminded me of a fantastic Tracy Chapman song I've always loved.



See I remember we were driving, driving in your car
The speed so fast I felt like I was dunk
City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped round my shoulder...
Fast Car,
Tracy Chapman

I remember the sexy sound of strings in Tracy Chapman's version of Fast Car, her sultry ode to riding with a lover.

I remember how it made me feel, how I feel even now in a car, any car, huddled up close in the front seat, my adrenaline enhanced by the thrill of speeding down the street.

Yes, I'm fascinated with cars, riding in them, sitting on them.

In my mind I'm the kind of girl who belongs in a Mustang convertible, Special Edition, with sunglasses on and my hair blowing in the wind.

Maybe that's why I'm addicted to car sex...in my writing and in my reading.

Over the past decade, I've written a number of stories about vehicles and the people who have sex in, on and around them.

Be it on the hood, in the front seat, in the bed of a pick up, there's something about the urgency, the "give it to me now" that makes my heart beat and my tongue wag. I can't resist.

So, it's no surprise that three stories of the car sex variety made it into Can't Get Enough.

Take this passage form Miel Rose's Big Appetites:

"...it's not because of her threat that I buckle my seat belt and scoot my naked butt over to her. She takes one hand off the wheel and wraps a thick arm around me..."

Or this one from Heidi Champa's Free Ride:

"When I slipped into the backseat, I heard his belt buckle jingling and the metallic click of his zipper going down..."

And lastly, Lucy Felthouse's When He Gets Home:

"...She leaned forward and touched the button to recline the seat....the poor man had no idea what was coming to him."

Maybe it's the cramped space and the creativity it takes to get it going, maybe it's the idea of not being able to wait the ten seconds it would take to get inside the house.

Whatever it is, it makes the top two in my top ten places to get it on and no matter what, I'll always make time (and space) for a fucking good ride.



***

Can't Get Enough is on tour right now! You can see the full list of posts here. I've got a story in Can't Get Enough myself (though it's not about cars) — it's called Objects of Desire, and it's about kitchen tools turned sex toys. You can pick up the book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment